Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Fog light issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light issues

So I have searched for this issue for a few weeks now and it seems a lot of people have the same problem I do but no one has posted teh resolution to it on the forums.

The issue is that one day my fog lights were working just fine. The next, they don't work at all. I have checked my fuses and relays and they are all fine and in good condition. The interior switch for the fog lights lights up as though the fog lights whould be on. The light switch itself activates all the interior lights/exterior lights when I turn it to the driving lights position.

Any one have any info in this for me? Thanks.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Bulbs? I had one bulb burn out and then the other went within hours of the first one. Replaced both bulbs and they've been fine for a couple of years now. Of course, you could always use a test light or multimeter to check that you're getting power to the connector at the bulbs before buying new ones.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just recently replaced these bulbs and i checked them as well. They are good. I guess I will pick up a multimeter and hash it out when I have time.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd use a multimeter and check out the switch and the bulb harness. Worst case is get aftermarket fogs (APC has some that are the closest to stock size) and use a relay for power. Should be good after that.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you find your bulbs are good, just no juice at all to the lights, then you should probably read up a little bit (honestly I don't know or I'd tell you) about what relays and switches are invovled in preventing the fog lights from working. There are at least a few connections and switches invovled in the three way to prevent the fog lights from working in conjunction with the brights, and possibly the park brake sensor.

Not very helpful I know but keep it in mind. Especially the brights on / kill setup, I would think that would be a likely culprit.
Old 08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went thru this too... Ended up being the plug connector... The pins in the connector got wet and the pins coroded causing a bad connection.. Trace the wires back to the plug connector and pull it apart.. Im sure you will see what im talking about