Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarm help quick please

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm help quick please

i lost my keys and all i have are spare sets with a FOB that does nto work. When i manually unlock the door, the alarm goes off. When i try to start the car, it wont start. It has lowjack but as far as i knwo its a stock alarm. I bought the car used however. Could there be a fuel cutoff thats causing me to be unable to start it? How can i disable the alarm quickly. At the moment im stuck at my house and i needed to be somethere 20 minutes ago. Help is GREATLY appreciated.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

and it wont even let me turn the ignition key. The door chime just keeps beeping when i try to do it. Its like the ignition is locked too
Old 08-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

The only reason your ignition key wouldn't turn is when the steering wheel is turned and locked it can create pressure on the locking rod preventing the key from turning. Just turn the steering wheel a bit to release the pressure and let the key turn. Otherwise it's the wrong ignition key or the key cylinder is physically damaged.

Also, if you got the spare key from someplace that didn't match the correct VATS resistor pellet then even turning the key won't start the car.

Once you can get the car started, you can either program the alarm system off or reprogram your spare key fob to match the car. Instructions are in your owner's manual and also posted on this site somewhere.
Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

DO you have a door key
Old 10-02-2006, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i had a door key. It turns out that the ignition key was different that the one i had that works. I bought the car used so i guess i only got one good set and 3 bad ones