Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JL Audio W7 subs

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2003 | 12:22 AM
On The Tree

Default JL Audio W7 subs

Does anyone on this forum have one(or more) of these subs in their vehicle? If so how satisfied are you with them?
Old 02-10-2003 | 07:44 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: JL Audio W7 subs

If you want attention and extremly loud bass then go for it.
Old 02-10-2003 | 11:30 PM
Teching In

hey,
i actually just dropped my car off on sunday to get my system installed. I have a trans am. I am getting 2 10 inch jl w7's pushed by a 1400 watt phoenix gold amp and a custom box.. It will fit fine but it HAS TO BE CUSTOM
Old 02-11-2003 | 02:01 PM
ENT
Teching In

Would there be enough room to have a custom box made for the spare tire well to hold a single 12"?
Old 02-11-2003 | 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by IM LOWR:
<strong> Does anyone on this forum have one(or more) of these subs in their vehicle? If so how satisfied are you with them? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a 10" w7 in my ta, in a mtx prefab box beefed up with a little fiberglass, If you've got the cash to burn and have to have the best in sound quality, it's the sub for you, but it's not any louder bass wise than any other big magnet speaker, do keep watts below 800, or it will clip out severely
Old 02-17-2003 | 11:04 PM
Teching In

if u get the w7s they will do good, but they are very expensive and tend not to meet the watt ratings when you really crank em up. i suppose ur putting them in a camaro, then u will have a lot of hatch pressure to keep them from scratching, in a camaro they should do great as long as u have a good amp and a really good box and since its hatch, ur prolly not gonna need to do ported,banpass, or fiberglass
Old 03-02-2003 | 03:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by ENT:
<strong> Would there be enough room to have a custom box made for the spare tire well to hold a single 12"? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes there is I've seen it done at least. good luck. I dunno to go with the 13w7 or the 12w7. What u guys think?