Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Crutchfield install kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Crutchfield install kit

Has anybody used the Crutchfield install kit that they include for free with their head units? I am thinking of getting an Alpine 7894 from there since nobody local wants to deal on them. I would prefer to order from someplace that is authorized to sell them in case I have problems with it. At least from Crutchfield I will get the wiring harness, antenna adapter, and install kit with it. What do you think?

Jim
Old 03-03-2003, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Crutchfield install kit

Sounds like you have some pretty pitiful car stereo shops in your town. I can't think of a single item that Crutchfield sells cheaper than the prices we have at my shop. Something to consider though..... Does the $20 bucks you save on a dash kit and wiring harness make it worth the trouble you'll have to go through and extra expense of shipping if you have any kinda problems with the radio? You'll blow that on shipping if you have any kinda problem. If it's only a small price difference buy locally. At least you'll have a local warranty and if you have any problems or questions you'll have someone you can look in the eye and get answers from. Now I've seen a few install kits from Crutchfield and they looked decent and they do give you good install instructions but I can't think of a single Fbody that is even remotely hard to install a radio in they are all easy as hell. Maybe your not as big a pessimist as me but hey ya gotta think ahead ya know?
just a lil food for thought.........later
Old 03-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Crutchfield install kit

Unfortunately, we don't have a wide variety of great car stereo shops around here. One place who does do good deals on things, didn't have anymore in stock, and since it is a discontinued model, wouldn't be getting anymore in. Circuit City, and Tweeter wouldn't do any special prices for buying multiple things, and the Tweeter guy was a total *****. So I ordered it from Crutchfield. You are probably right about the shipping costs if I ever have a problem, but oh well. I ordered it Thursday, got it on Friday, and installed it over the weekend. It works good, and everything seems cool. Thanks for your reply.

Jim