Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Electrical help plz.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical help plz.

As of a few days ago, I noticed that when I turn the parking lights on (my 95 firebird) the headlights flip up. This never use to happen because it shouldn't be happening. The head lights should only pop up when the selector switch is turned (a second time to the right) to lights. I'd appreciate it if you guys could point out where my problem may be. On a side note my drivers headlight is making a grinding noise after it closes. Guess it's time to replace the sprocket.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine does the same thing but i never thought anything wrong with it bc its always done it since the day i bought it. but the grinding noise is the gear inside the motor is weraring down.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Two things:
* Like musclehead said, the headlights should only come up in the "headlights" position of the ****.
* The grinding noise means that the plastic gear has worn and is slipping.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-firebird-1967-2002/177470-firebird-headlights-all-comments-questions-regarding-headlights-go-here.html