Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

weird experience with keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Default weird experience with keyless entry

We're recently on a road trip with 2 cars, Camaro and Pontiac Grand Prix. Stopped at a motel in a town south of Vegas. The whole time we're at that motel, the keyless entry remotes for both cars are completely non-functional. Next day after driving away, they work again. So WTH? EMP from underground nuclear testing ? Black helicopters overhead ?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<---- hears "Twilight Zone" tune playing in background....

Wow man, I guess what they say is true - what happens in Vegas... As for WTH happened, I have no clue.. I wouldn't even know how to make 'em do that if I wanted 'em to. It'd take a *ton* of EMI or something to disrupt 'em (or so I'd think).
Old 09-05-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

It gets weirder - just found this
article from a Vegas paper
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool

That article and occurance was very interesting...but I'd have to admit. I'm not at all surprised. The military can be super secret about their tests, but when testing they can't always be super perfect....human error will occur eventually....whether its in design or procedure calculations...**** happens.

Let's just delete this topic and forget it ever happened. Nothing really happened. It must have been a delusional outburst brought by high heat waves in the area. Yes. Just a delusion.

Be a good civilian.