Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CarPC now needs a system

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 03:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question CarPC now needs a system

Hey guys, i'm just in the beginning stages of planning out my system for my '02 SS. I've installed a car computer, so that will run directly to whatever amp(s) i end up installing. I'm planning on doing a stealthbox in the driver's side, with a JL 10w6v2 or maybe a 3v3, but i'm not sure how much power that'll need. Can i get a 4 channel amp, and bridge two to the sub?
my main question is what recs do you guys have on amps and speakers. from reading around here, it seems that 6.5 componets up front are all i'll really need, without any rear fill. What would be a good match for the amount of bass i'm planning?
Thanks a million, in advance,
Ross
P.S. I'm planning on mounting the amp on the rear bulkhead right under the hatch catch (hehe).
P.P.S. Figure i'll be spending about 600-800 for the amp(s), speakers, sub and box.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Resident

A single 10" in a stealthbox is all you'll really need. This is due to the awesome natural cabin gain hatchbacks have. If you want more intense bass, use a large mono amp on a good 12" in a custom stealthbox. If you are a super basshead, build a custom box filling up the entire rear well just below the flip-up trim piece with a pair of 15"s.
Your are on the right track with a single 4-channel, nice quality set of 6.5" components up front, no rear fill, and the rear channels bridged to a single sub. A seperate sub amp, and High Output alternator would be required if you decided to get crazy with the bass.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:40 PM
Launching!

cool, thanks for the help. now i just need to figure out what brands to go with. i'm thinking a subthump box with an elemental designs sub, but i need to figure an amp and comps to round it out... any suggestions?
Old 10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrtf83
cool, thanks for the help. now i just need to figure out what brands to go with. i'm thinking a subthump box with an elemental designs sub, but i need to figure an amp and comps to round it out... any suggestions?
This is exactly the info I need as well. What brand/model components have people been happy with in the front. I have a TA and want to use the stock component locations without really modding, then use a 2 channel amp for just fronts (no rears, no one's ever back there anyway), and a 10" sub in the back. I can work out the sub, but what model fronts should I use?