Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

double din installed, ac controls not moved

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default double din installed, ac controls not moved

I seriously doubt I'm anywhere near the first guy to do it, but I've seen threads about it that always seem to end in it can't be done or you have to move the ac controls. Not wanting to offend anyone, but I just think moving the ac controls to the glove box is ghetto, and I can't allow myself to do it. But anyway, my flip out monitor alpine started getting wierd little gemlins and it had to go. I had a nib alpine double din in the garage for a different project, and figured I'd try to squeeze it in. I took some scrap steel and welded up a mounting cage cut the factory trim panel filled in some gaps with standard old abs plastic sitting in the garage and done. It fit nicely at first, but it took a little bit of wiggling around after all the wires were plugged up. But anyway, it can be done without any major fabrication or special skills. Maybe later I'll make some shnazy trim ring, but I like trying to keep everything factory looking. I did make a bad judgement on cutting the left side of the rim ring so the gap on that side is larger than the right. But nothing too bad. anyway pics. . .

Old 09-22-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

you put heated seats in there? got link or can you send out a pm on that? btw...not to bad on the monitor, im about to start a carpc project..
Old 09-22-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
you put heated seats in there? got link or can you send out a pm on that? btw...not to bad on the monitor, im about to start a carpc project..
http://www.seatcomfort.com/home.htm <- who I bought them from. Unfortunately when I bought them, they were only $99 for the both seats. I believe the price has gone up though. I've seen many aftermarket kits from different vendors, but they all look like they come from the same factory. Very good quality kits though, been working strong for 5 years now.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

sweet link, thanks man!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:53 PM
11 Second Club

i like

Quick Reply: double din installed, ac controls not moved