Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help! door lock problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 12:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help! door lock problem

I did a search but I didn't come up with anything exactly like this...

All of the sudden the lock/unlock buttons do not work on the keyless entry remote OR inside the car (and doesn't matter what position the key is in). When the buttons are pressed a clicking sound can be heard (from the BCM?) but the door locks don't move. Also, when the key is in ACC, the clicking noises continue as if i kept pressing the buttons.
It also seemed like the alarm light on the dash was blinking in a strange pattern at one point.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

Do your courtesy lights work? If not then replace the COURTESY fuse - it also powers the door locks.

If that's not the problem then I'm afraid you'll probably have to replace your BCM. The BCM controls the door locks whether you use the inside switches or the remote. The switches (and the remote) send a signal to the BCM which then sends power to one side and enables ground for the other side of the lock motor using internal (non-replaceable) relays.

Now, it's always possible that the lock motors are dead but it's extremely unlikely that they would both go at once.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input! The courtesy fuse was blown. I wonder what caused that to happen though... car isn't driven very often.