Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Steering wheel buttons help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel buttons help please

i have a 99 trans am. I have had it for three years and those buttons have never worked and it bums me out. It had a pioneer head unit that sucked so i put the monsoon deck out of my cousins 97 ws6 in it. Im guessing when the pioneer went in, the buttons were disconnected and now i dont know where to look to see if they are or how to reconnect them if they are. Can someone please help me? i want to be lazy and push a button on my steering wheel rather than actually strech my arm!! lol
Old 11-29-2006, 06:16 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 278 Likes on 242 Posts

It's more likely that the signal wire isn't connected at the head unit than the buttons being disconnected. Check that you have the dark blue wire in position 14 of the white connector (there's a pinout diagram in the Monsoon FAQ thread) securely connected to the head unit.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k thanks ill do that in like an hour. Im gonna be pissed if they didnt work this whole time just cause they aren't plugged in right!!! lol