Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

A lot of questions in one thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A lot of questions in one thread

First I want to amp my speakers. Doors and sails. I have Alpine Type S in both doors and sail panels. Reason being Is the alpine head unit I have. "Alpine CDA-9847" only puts out 18 watts RMS to each speaker. The speakers want 50 RMS. Off of the head unit I have the fronts, sails, and 4inch stock hatch speakers. I think that's too much for It. I have a MTX amp I want to use. It's a "RT4240" 400 watt. 55 watts x 4 into a 4 ohm load. Is this a good choice? I'm wondering how much the amp will clear up the sound. It sounds good as is but It kinda gives out when you start to turn It way up. Would bass blockers help when I amp the speakers? Which ones would I need for my speakers? How do I go about amping them?

Next, I have a ProBox in the drivers side rear hatch area with 1 10". I've got That MTX amp bridged to put 200 watts RMS to a Alpine type E sub. It sounds relatively good. But, I want more thump just because. I want to go with 2 type R 10" in both sides of the hatch. I don't really want to go with the 2 12" In that big box that takes up the whole storage area. What would be a solid amp to push those? Thoughts..? If someone takes the time to awnser all of these
Old 12-01-2006, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

The RT4240 is 45 Watts RMS into a 4 ohm load. You could power the front and sail speakers with this amp. The amp has a internal crossover set at 85 Hz and set that to high pass. I would ditch the rear hatch spakers since you will not hear them anyway. The Type-R sub likes a lot of power. I am using the Type-S Sub's and they hit nicely with the Subthump Steathboxes. The Type-R are rated at 500 Watts RMS. Kicker has some nice amps that will fit the bill.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blacker
The RT4240 is 45 Watts RMS into a 4 ohm load. You could power the front and sail speakers with this amp. The amp has a internal crossover set at 85 Hz and set that to high pass. I would ditch the rear hatch spakers since you will not hear them anyway. The Type-R sub likes a lot of power. I am using the Type-S Sub's and they hit nicely with the Subthump Steathboxes. The Type-R are rated at 500 Watts RMS. Kicker has some nice amps that will fit the bill.
Where in Austin are you? Maybe I could hear your Type S's sometime.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Round Rock
Old 12-02-2006, 11:41 AM
12 Second Club

I like how you mounted you amps so they aren't visable from the outside. That's what I want to do. I'll send you a PM.