Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How do you program fobs

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you program fobs

I have a 99 Camaro and i have a few extra fobs... i was wondering how to program them
Old 01-11-2007, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got you

1. turn ignition to the RUN position then to the OFF position
2. remove the RADIO FUSE. the fuse is located in the main fuse block. located on the left side of your main instrument panel. the fuse is most likely marked as #17
3. turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times quicly, within 5 seconds. End this process with the key in the RUN position. (your car will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the drivers door, and releasing the hatch)
4. now, press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK bottons on the FIRST transmitter for 15 seconds. (the the vehicle will resond as in step 3)
5. repeat step 4 for the the remaining transmitters
6. when you are finished programing your remotes turn the ignition back to the OFF position and replace the RADIO FUSE

hope that helps
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blertawho
i got you

1. turn ignition to the RUN position then to the OFF position
2. remove the RADIO FUSE. the fuse is located in the main fuse block. located on the left side of your main instrument panel. the fuse is most likely marked as #17
3. turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position 3 times quicly, within 5 seconds. End this process with the key in the RUN position. (your car will respond by locking the doors, unlocking the drivers door, and releasing the hatch)
4. now, press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK bottons on the FIRST transmitter for 15 seconds. (the the vehicle will resond as in step 3)
5. repeat step 4 for the the remaining transmitters
6. when you are finished programing your remotes turn the ignition back to the OFF position and replace the RADIO FUSE

hope that helps

Thanks for the above info. It worked perfectly.