Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How Do You Polyfill a Subwoofer box?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do You Polyfill a Subwoofer box?

how exactly do you fill the box with polyfill? Is it stuffed or is it spread? my box needs 1lb per cubic foot..its 2.3 cubic feet...so how exactly should this be done? thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Kandy...me again...LOL!! I would go to a fabric store/hobby store (Walmart has it) or something like that and buy some polyfill or similar material for pillows. That way you can measure how much is going in by the amount in the bag. Just cram it in there. Try to keep it away from the subs inner frame but it doesn't matter too much. It should be between the sub and any part of the enclosures surface area. The inside of your enclosure is going tolook like the inside of a pillow when your done filling it. Then hook up the wires and drop in the sub.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Staging Lane

i just stuffed a real good amount in the box, almost as much as i could fit
Old 02-10-2007, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Walking-dead
Hi Kandy...me again...LOL!! I would go to a fabric store/hobby store (Walmart has it) or something like that and buy some polyfill or similar material for pillows. That way you can measure how much is going in by the amount in the bag. Just cram it in there. Try to keep it away from the subs inner frame but it doesn't matter too much. It should be between the sub and any part of the enclosures surface area. The inside of your enclosure is going tolook like the inside of a pillow when your done filling it. Then hook up the wires and drop in the sub.
Definately the way to go.

Quick Reply: How Do You Polyfill a Subwoofer box?