Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

T-top holder mod.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-top holder mod.

Hey guys... I saw this in another thread but searched for it again but couldn't find it.

Got my system finally installed but the driver's side sub is awfully awfully close to touching the t-top when locked in the holder. The carpeting did come out first and the cd changer stud has been removed as well. So I am afraid when the t-tops are down, the driver's sub when it hits will constantly brush up against the t-top.

What is the mod. to the right side holder that will allow the t-top to sit a little more to the right than its usual spot??
Old 02-19-2007, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Well, i pulled the t-tops off..... put them in the back... and i locked the right side down, didnt lock the left side and it set a little above the holder. It seemed to work well.

it didnt move and there was plenty of room to spare... i guess it will work
Old 02-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Restricted User

remove the holders, cut about 1/2" off of the back of the plastic "legs" of the right side holder (the parts that go over the studs).

Now, you will need to find some washers to bolt this holder in now, since you just removed the flat surface that the bolt tightens up against. You need a washer that's big enough it won't go through the hole. Then bolt it back in.

For the left side, simply cut a spacer out of 1/2" thick wood to put inbetween the ttop holder and the metal of the car.