Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

MTX or Subthump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 03:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTX or Subthump?

Well I'm now obsessing over my T/As audio now that I have a blown speaker (meaning I now have an excuse to upgrade). I know nothing about some of the less marketed car audio brands. I would really like a stealth 10'' sub. I'd like to get some opinions, which do you think would sound better? The MTX box or the Subthump? Immediately I lean towards subthump because it is carpeted, however I have no clue who "Elemental Designs" is, which is the sub the box comes with. I would like to not spend a fortune since I already plan on changing every speaker in the car, and replacing my HU with a nav system. So is Elemental Designs a decent company or am I better off with the MTX sub? thanks everyone.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Elemental Designs is a good company, and I personally have never had any problems with them.

I believe that MTX unit is self powered -- the subthump box will need a separate amp to power them and will cost you more money.

Do not associate subthump with Elemental Designs -- wherever/whoever you are purchasing this from just decided to pair that sub in that box.

Between the 2 options, I would go with the ED/subthump setup.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jeresous
Well I'm now obsessing over my T/As audio now that I have a blown speaker (meaning I now have an excuse to upgrade). I know nothing about some of the less marketed car audio brands. I would really like a stealth 10'' sub. I'd like to get some opinions, which do you think would sound better? The MTX box or the Subthump? Immediately I lean towards subthump because it is carpeted, however I have no clue who "Elemental Designs" is, which is the sub the box comes with. I would like to not spend a fortune since I already plan on changing every speaker in the car, and replacing my HU with a nav system. So is Elemental Designs a decent company or am I better off with the MTX sub? thanks everyone.
I have a MTX stealth with JL 10" in it. Bough it cheap on ebay with a blown MTX sub so i could replaced it with JL 10W6v2.
Thumps loud and clean it's awesome.
I would go with Subthump so you can pick the brand name sub you want.
I have their amp rack they do good work.
MTX subs suck ballz, period.