Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

new system help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new system help?

I want to replace my system but keep the stock radio for the moment.. I have all the speakers and a concept amp. the question is what do i need to connect the amp and speakers to the factory monsoon radio..
Old 04-19-2007, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

well when i did it in my camaro....you have to get an inline converter...then you take all the speaker wire from behind the radio and connect them to the converter turning the wires into one set of preamps...then you run a RCA jack to the back of the car and hook up your amp..then run all your speaker wires out from the amp to the speakers.....as for the remote....you can either run the wire from behind the radio all the way back or you can run a continuous power relay to the amp so its on all the time....hope this helps....PM me if you need more info..i'd be glad to help
Old 04-19-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maroboy28
well when i did it in my camaro....you have to get an inline converter...then you take all the speaker wire from behind the radio and connect them to the converter turning the wires into one set of preamps...then you run a RCA jack to the back of the car and hook up your amp..then run all your speaker wires out from the amp to the speakers.....as for the remote....you can either run the wire from behind the radio all the way back or you can run a continuous power relay to the amp so its on all the time....hope this helps....PM me if you need more info..i'd be glad to help
yea

your amp may have speaker level inputs if you wish to use those, then you wouldn't need a line-level adapter

and for the remote, you would want the pink wire (tapped at the harness - for power antenna) rather than have it on all the time
Old 04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

thanks for the remote wire answer fredmr39.....i had no idea what wire it was...but yea he is right, if you get an amp with the direct wire plugins you won;t need a adapter