Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wiring question *subs*

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring question *subs*

Bridging my RF 800a2 to a box with dual 12's dvc 4 ohms. The dvc's will be wired in series and wishing to run the subs in parallel. My question is how do I achieve the parallel wiring since both subs are in seperate enclosures and each has its own +/- outside the box. Will I need to use 2 power distribution blocks and split out the signals to each sub or is there something else I need to do.. Im having trouble seeing this
Old 04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhh... Put a wire from the amp to one terminal, which also has wires going to the other terminal, red to red, black to black... So one terminal will have two wires...
Old 04-28-2007, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

I tried this, bridged the amp and sent te wires to the left box speaker, the had a set going from those terminals to the second speaker..

Didnt seem to change much. Sorta thought id expect alot more out of the speakers.

I took each speaker out to make sure they were wired in series.. and they were.

Shrugs. Well thanks.. Perhaps Im just nutty I did laugh when I read the reply.,. cant believe i didnt try that or see it

Just most diagrams I see show a single wire set up connecting both speakers and just didnt see how I could do it with my box set up hehe
Old 04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...2&woofer_imp=4

use the wizard
Old 04-28-2007, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Yea those are the diagrams I have referenced. Though they don't really go into how I should do it..

On the left is how I have it set up. Series for the dvc 4 ohms, which seems to me its at 8 ohms per speaker.

On the right is how dragn suggested I make them parallel. which would put them at 4 ohms total.

Im just wondering if that is how it is supposed to be?
Old 04-28-2007, 07:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

The one on the right would give you a bridged output with an impedance of 4 ohm. If that is what you are looking for, yes that is correct.

The one on the left gives you 8 ohm stereo.

If you want an impedance of 2 ohm bridged you need to run each sub in parallel and then connect those in series.

Brian
Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Ok thanks for the help guys going to give the new parallel series one a shot with it bridged and see how it goes.