Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

poor visibility on 97 trans am

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default poor visibility on 97 trans am

hi guys, just passing by, I want to improve my vision when driving at night. I have no idea what hid is made for or saled beams and bla bla. I just wanna get rid of those ugly and yellow factory style but I don't wanna spend money on those expensives HID kits, any ideas. do i need to just replace the bulbs or change the all headlamp. please helm me . I am a newbie asking for help
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense but my brain nearly imploded while re-reading your post 5 times to see what you were asking Anyway T/A factory headlights are sealed units, you can't just replace the bulbs without expensive after market kits. Personally I'd love to upgrade to 1 of these kits myself but the cost is a little staggering. The factory headlamps aren't really yellow, at least they aren't *suppose* to be. They just get that way after 10 years. Just replace the sealed units, you can buy them at Walmart even, and it only takes 5 seconds. Or you could buy some of the spray stuff they have for removing the yellow, theres some that work okay with minimal effort and some elbow grease but on factory units I think that would be a huge waste of time.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like above stated, replace the housings, or clean them to rid the yellowing. Also, I've had great results with silverstar bulbs. They were a great improvement over stock bulbs.