Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Digital Throttle Position Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Throttle Position Gauge?

I think that having a digital throttle gauge that read the throttle as a percent from 0-100 would be a good tool for getting a better feel for my car. It could be another way to see what's going on with the car and motor (while driving) for consistency purposes. RPM and speed are good tools, but knowing how much throttle to apply in turns or on a launch might be a good tool as well. Just a thought. Anyway, anyone know how I might wire one up to put on my dash as a gauge? Either a LED strip or round gauge was what I was thinking about.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:10 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Digital Throttle Position Gauge?

The dark blue wire (I believe) on the throttle position sensor shows 0-5vdc depending on the throttle position. This is the same wire to tap when doing the bump stop mod. You could get a voltmeter within that range and monitor the voltage. You should be able to find a round guage that you can mount in a pillar pod. Another option is to fabricate an LED bank in a series configuration for the bar graph effect.

Quick Reply: Digital Throttle Position Gauge?