Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Infinity 7541a problem - no sound/all lights flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity 7541a problem - no sound/all lights flash

I'm hoping someone here can tell me whats going on with my amp. It's a 4 channel infinity. I've used it to power two speakers for a while and it's always worked fine. I finally put in a sub this weekend and got it all mounted up and wired. It worked for a little bit and sounded great, but unfortunately I wasn't careful enough putting my seat back in and pinched a speaker wire. Next time I tried it it made a loud noise and I turned it down real quick. I found the wire and fixed it, but now I can't get anything out of my amp. There's three lights on the front of it, a clip, power, and protect. They all flash and the owners manual doesn't say much on what could be wrong. In trying to solve the problem I unplugged all of the speaker wires and RCA cables. When I powered it up, the lights still flashed. I then pulled the battery to see if I could reset it or something, but it didn't do anything. I tested all of the fuses and they're fine. Anyone have any ideas? I guess I'm mostly wondering what could happen if two speaker wires touched or got grounded out. Thanks!
Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Based on what the owners manual says (I have one too), I'd suggest emailing Infinity. It sounds like you may have broken something and need to get it repaired. If it does need repairs and it's not under warranty, you may be able to find a reputable audio shop with someone that knows what they are doing and won't charge as much.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I figured I broke something. I got it in december from cardomain, so it should still be under warranty, hopefully they'll cover my mistake. It took me most of today to come up with a receipt Can't wait till I get it working again, thanks for the input.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:40 AM
TECH Resident

yup , sounds like it needs to be sent in.

Quick Reply: Infinity 7541a problem - no sound/all lights flash