Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding Bluetooth Capability to Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007 | 07:06 PM
Teching In

Default Adding Bluetooth Capability to Navigation

First of all, I would like to say that this question is not related to LS1... but it has to do with electronics. So if anyone knows, please let me know.

I just test drove a 2007 Toyota Camry, with navigation and bluetooth...

and it got me thinking, is there any way to add bluetooth capability to an older navigation system?

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna with a navigation system (factory installed) but it has no bluetooth for my phone. Is there any way I can make and receive calls thru my navigation... (use my navigation screen to control the phone)

On the Camry, it even stopped playing the song when I got a call

Please if anyone knows, let me know
Old 08-29-2007 | 01:47 PM
Teching In

anyone?
Old 08-29-2007 | 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can add the Parrot unit to it it will mute when you receive a call but you wont be able to control it through the screen
Old 08-29-2007 | 02:28 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

There are adapter kits available that do some (but not all) of the things a factory kit can do. They will mute the radio for cell phone calls and route phone audio through the car speakers but they won't allow you to dial calls from the radio unless your phone has its own dial-by-voice capability.

A quick Google search found this British site http://www.nexxia.co.uk/Car_kit_inst...ads/toyota.htm among over 400,000 hits so I'm sure you can find similar equipment closer to home.