Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 01:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Monsoon problem

So I just bought the car last Monday and when I was driving it home I noticed that there wasn't anything coming from the front speakers. Turning the fade all the way forward yields no sound. Would this be a wiring problem most likely or blown speakers? I was thinking that if they were blown they would rattle or buzz. The dealer is sending me $200 so if it turns out to be wiring that would be cool. But I also think the passenger rear seat speaker is blown cuz it does rattle when the bass kicks... so I have to see what they say about that.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

blown be definition would result in zero sound or movement at all -- so they could be blown

the amp channels could be bad

there could be no speakers there or not hooked up/not hooked up properly -- did you purchase privately? if so call and ask about them before you waste your time
Old 08-05-2007, 01:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

No I bought it from a dealership. They said the didn't know. But the person who met me did because the fade button was pushed out. But I would love for it to be wiring errors and me pocket $200 though.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

its most likely blown speakers any audio shop can tone sweep the speakers and see if their blown