Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

stereo help 1 type r

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo help 1 type r

im gettin a type r or a s in the drivers side cubby but i don't no what amp i should get i just want a lil bump, i wanna here the words and to sound classy. i was think bout the alpine 250 but don't no what half the stuff mean like ohms and the channels. i just wanna tie the sub up to the stock radio and a nice amp let me know and how hard would i be able to do it my self thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 06:37 PM

It is an easy install. Buy a sub off ebay. I have never payed retail. Youd be nuts. wiring it wont be hard. search crutchfeilds website...DO NOT BUY FROM THEM..they are expensive but carry quality. and do not buy a no name brand amp. The type r's are crap. and 250w wont power them. If you want a little bump get a kicker or a cheap MA off ebay. its like 35 bucks a pair and they are pretty nice. Buy a small amp. If you want to stray from alpine let me know and I will build you a cheap system and send you the links
Old 08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

I wouldn't say type r's are crap. Their pretty good budget subs and hit hard. If you are only going with one sub I would get a DVC (Dual Voice Coil) 2ohm, 10" or 12" driver so you can run it 1ohm. Then just get an amp that pushes out 500-700Wrms.

If you don't want to get Alpine, then this is a good sub. Cadence makes good amps if your on a budget. They have an ebay store you could check out.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do this system yourself in one afternoon. Less if you had some experience with audio systems and F-bodies. Type R's are decent subs and for a budget system would work fine. I definetly wouldn't call them crap. Pyramid is an example of crap.
If you want a quality budget system I can put something together for you with an amp kit and line level converter included with the amp. Everything you'd need to get the job done. I also offer customer support that includes how to's and anything else you'd need to know. I have 19years experience. PM me if you are interested!!