Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problem with HU and Power Windows

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my BCM from my local Pontiac dealer part department. It was about $220 (a year ago) and I installed it.

-Rich
Old 09-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Phil8616
we just need to all get together and bring some cold beer and brainstorm.. ..hopefully the solution is fixing a short or the BCM like stated above.
Ya no kidding, not bad you didnt live down in TX otherwise I might do so then again if you end up fixing yours I might as well drive my *** down there and have you fix mine It looks now however I might wait till Mon. or Tues. to find out more, I have a brother whom is a very high certified mobile car audio installer and after talking to him he said I could bring in the car to the shop some late afternoon and well take a closer look at it then with shop equipment he has and start testing the wires so ill keep ya posted on how that goes. I should let you know since I also saw you asking but if indeed we do need new BCM's i just checked gmpartdirect and it looks as if they have them for $160 shipped which would probably be the best bet since Im sure the dealers are going to cost more.
Old 09-23-2007, 12:43 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSucese
Ya no kidding, not bad you didnt live down in TX otherwise I might do so then again if you end up fixing yours I might as well drive my *** down there and have you fix mine It looks now however I might wait till Mon. or Tues. to find out more, I have a brother whom is a very high certified mobile car audio installer and after talking to him he said I could bring in the car to the shop some late afternoon and well take a closer look at it then with shop equipment he has and start testing the wires so ill keep ya posted on how that goes. I should let you know since I also saw you asking but if indeed we do need new BCM's i just checked gmpartdirect and it looks as if they have them for $160 shipped which would probably be the best bet since Im sure the dealers are going to cost more.
Well $160 doesnt sound bad considering all the electrical problems Im having now. They all seem to tie into the BCM some how and since I checked the wires today coming to and from the BCM and the harnesses near the battery on the wheel well. I might just spend that and pray it solves it.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Launching!

Yeah, I debated ordering my BCM from gmpartsdirect....but I really wanted it FAST....especially since so many BCM functions died on mine....so turned to the dealer. They got it for me the next day. It was so easy to install....I put it in my car during my lunch hour in the parking lot at work.

-Rich
Old 09-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Teching In

just an update. I fixed mine by zip tying all the wires to where it pulls the BCM towards the rear of the car. If you moved the BCM towards the front of the car, it would die.

This drastically helped it. It still might flicker every blue moon but wow is it much better. I'm happy and saved 250 bucks. (that's how much it costs at my local dealer)