Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

10 inchs subs...custom?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10 inchs subs...custom?

i am wondering if anyone has installed subs in the rear sides of an f body. i want to install 2 10's on the right and left of the t top holder. i was wondering if anyone has pics and how easy it is. i was hoping i could mount on where the spare tire is and on teh otehr side make a panel to cover the missing panel? lemme no. thanks
Old 05-26-2003, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: 10 inchs subs...custom?

Yup lots of people have done that. I put a box in the t-top storage (no more t-top storage for me ) Before I did that though, I also thought about putting it in the side like you, but I chose to do a more conventional setup.

There are several 10" boxes for the driver's side (JL Audio and MTX) and check http://www.supthump.com for a passenger's side box. I'm in no way saying the only to do is buy these, just use them as a guide if you want to make your own. Good Luck!

Oh and by the way.. since you have the loudmouth, you might want to think about installing some sound deadening material such as Dynamat.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oops... should be http://www.subthump.com
Old 05-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

i had a shop custom build me a single 10 inch box for the driver side. it fit perfectly and only cost me about 75 bucks. i stuffed a alpine 10" dvc type-r in there with a rockford-fosgate 240 pushing it. it sounds great and i have had no problems with still being able to put my t-tops in the holder. i will try to get some pics for you.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

i also have a loudmouth and no sound deadening material was installed. sounds great.