Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sail panel?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sail panel?

I have a 97 1LE and want to upgrade the speakers. How do I know if my sail panel speakers are subs or not?

Thanks,

Eric
Old 09-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

If you have a Monsoon system, they are subs. If you have the base audio system then they are "extended range" speakers (which doesn't mean anything except that they are full range speakers with high impedance).

The easiest way to tell if you have a Monsoon system is to see if you have speakers in the hatch area. Only the Monsoon had hatch speakers - the base system only had speakers in the doors and sail panels.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the window sticker from the car and it doesn't list "Monsoon" anywhere? I DO have the 4" speakers in the rear. I took the doors apart today to install my 6.5" Polk Audio db6501 speakers and found out someone had Blaupunk speakers already installed ? They were both cracking and sounded bad. The Polk's sound good, now I just have to figure out what to do with the sail speakers.

Eric
Old 09-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have some sail panel replacements that would work with the Camaro. They start at $99.00 a pair for the CDT CL-E6 and go up from there. PM if your interested. I have these in stock and ready for delivery. Fit in the stock locations and just wire directly for the Camaro.