Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with my 2003 Escalade.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my 2003 Escalade.

Hi guys. Just recently I had a SIR-GM1 installed in my Escalade to replace the XM with Sirius. Ever since installed, my CD player makes a whine/whistle noise when my engine revs higher. Also, when I shut the truck off with the CD player on then come back in to restart, I have the Sirius and the CD player at the same time. Any ideas what is going on here? I'm getting little help from pretty much everyone so I figured why not try is out in here.

Really annoying when you pay big money for a nice ride and one tiny little thing screws everything up!
Old 11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i am guessing but,- bad graound somewhere.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blown Ta
i am guessing but,- bad graound somewhere.
x2. bad ground is the likely culprit... actually the whine could open up a full can of worms of things that it can be..... i'll post up a link to help soon.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I would suspect a ground as well except that the SIR-GM1 is completely plug-and-play. There is no separate ground or power wire that has to be connected - it just plugs into the factory harness in place of the original XM module.

Perhaps the unit itself has some problem. They have a reputation for being "not ready for primetime". I put one in my wife's Envoy and it works well most of the time but every once in a while you can start the truck and have no satellite radio at all.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Resident

My installer is getting me another unit. I just can't understand how this would have any correlation with the CD player. We are going to swap them out, re-send the signal, and see what happens. I really don't want to put a tacky FM modulator in the truck. Thanks for the responses, up untill now I have not been able to get anyone to help me!