Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Clarion

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Clarion

What the consensus on this unit? I can't find any reviews on it online.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...294998482.html

I like that it is clean looking, although i would get the black version, and it uses a SD card. Probably going to also spring for one of those illuminated "Trans Am" HU's to go above it.

Im not familiar with clarions and need something that will work with my factory monsoon setup, and steering wheel controls in my 99 T/A.

Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Clarion-clarion.jpg  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have owned 2 Clarion units and I liked both of them alot. The ones I owned had great sound quality and looked very nice as well. I think it would be safe to say that this deck would be no different. I would like to see higher preamp voltage on the outputs though and more than 2. Usually 3 at no less than 4volts is my preferance but since your running with the Monsoon...it would make no difference anyway. I would also go with the black but I can't see you being dissappointed with a Clarion...they make good quality equipment.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed

i had a clarion 765mp head unit and it was a very nice piece. i only got rid of it cause i am old and it was a little too "new school" for me it was the only the second head unit i have owned since '89 that had built in amplifier plus it had video stuff on the screen. i just couldn't get used to it. but as far as a performer and sound quality it was 1st rate. clarion does a good job with all their stuff.