Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

crackling noise when revving

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crackling noise when revving

When I rev around 2000 to 3000 I hear a cracklin noise at my front right speaker, I have a component setup. It only does it to the speaker, I checked the connections at my crossover and they are fine. What could this be???
Old 11-29-2007, 07:35 AM
TECH Resident

It gets worse when I drive. I tried balance controls, and it still does it with the balance all the way to the left. only the front right crackles
Old 11-29-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Regular

You have an amp right? If so make sure you don't have your RCA's running right next to the power cable to the amp. If not make sure you have a nice solid ground. Next I would check to make sure the head unit is grounded really well. If all three are good It's probably something else.

Perhaps the alternator is having to work real hard and makin noise. Maybe your plug wires are shot. Could even be a bad charging cable for the alternator or bad battery ground.

Check the easy stuff first.....Could even be loose speaker wire connection

Last edited by Lickeyman; 11-29-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

the rcas are ran seperate from the power wires. I made my own ground on the sheetmetal in the hatch, i sanded down the area and drilled a hole. It started doing this like a week ago. Before that it was sounding awesome. Wire connections should be fine as a checked and retightend them.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

sounds like might be engine noise from a bad connection/ground. as said, i would check all your connections and make sure there good, and make sure your wires arent touching anywhere else and that there shielded. or mabe it could just be a bad speaker. hopefully not, but you never know it could be defect from factory.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

I switched the channels around and it still did it. So I checked my RCA's in the back, looks good. Checked em at the HU and they were touching a bit. So everytime i revved it and went over bumps it crackled. Spreaded them a bit and fixed the problem. Guess I removed my door panel twice for nothing.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Sweet glad it was an easy fix man!!