Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

xbox wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default xbox wiring

okay so i picked up one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Xantrex-Xpower-4...QQcmdZViewItem to install my xbox in my t/a, now when i used the cig lighter adapter the inverter buzzed like crazy, so i hooked it up to my battery and the inverter didnt buzz anymore but it causes interference in my system, my dvd screen has lines in it and my speakers buzz. Now I have a full system set up with 2 amps run off the battery, would this cause the interference having 2 power sources coming off the battery? I was debating on getting a cheap battery and sticking it in the trunk area and running the inverter off that but im not sure.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its somesort of a ground loop problem, maybe try grounding the inverter at the battery

Generally i recommend to customers to get the dc specific adapter for there video game counsle, but maybe they dont make one for the xbox
Old 12-06-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

okay so i found out the buzzing was from the battery being low, which is an alarm showing low voltage, so i charged my battery and the high pitch buzz went away, however when i run it the screen still has some lines through it and a faint buzz at times, not bad but noticeable, would it help if i grounded it to the body of the car?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

if i recall correctly, xbox's dont need a power inverter b/c they actually run off of 12 volts. i believe i was informed that the box on the power cord is a converter, so if this is true you could just chop of the box on the power cord and wire it directly to your car's battery. anyoen correct me if this info was wrong.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

easiest way woudl be to measure voltage out of the xboxs inverter