Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bose issue on 95 Z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose issue on 95 Z28

Hey guys,

I picked up a 95 z28 a couple weeks ago and am in the process of turning it back into a nice car.

It turns out that it has a bose system installed in it, and sounds pretty good. A little bass heavy with medicore mid/high range, but okay.

The big thing that annoys me is the popping sound when you first power up the radio. This is with the engine on or off. It sounds like an old amp from the early 90's without the soft turn on circuit. Can anything be done about it?

It also sounds scratchy when adjusting the volume, but the volume pot is probably just old and dirty so not a huge deal there.

Ideas? Or is it just the nature of the beast?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The speakers popping I can't help with unless it's a total audio overhaul. However, the volume **** may be able to be helped by removing the **** and spraying some contact cleaner in the volume itself. Then twist it back and forth to get it in there well. This cleans and lubricates it and sometimes can solve an issue like what your describing. I used to do this with my guitar amps every so often. Hope that works for you!