Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Sirius Stiletto installed.. and a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Stiletto installed.. and a question

I installed a Stiletto 10 in my 02 WS6 a year ago with because I like to hot swap it between my different vehicles, and I like the fact I can use it outdoors when rollerblading, etc. It had some bugs in it (channels slow to come up, locking up) but software upgrades solved this, and is now working great.

I had a few problems that I have since fixed. The person in the passenger seat would always bump it. I have since mounted it up higher to avoid this, and for more clearance for the cupholder. I had to trim the adhesive mount so it would fit better. A small half moon cut was required to clear the dash, but there is still enough to stick to the front console. I can see and reach it just fine.

I also installed the antenna on the roof just aft of the T-top with 2 sided tape, and it always bothered me. I have since relocated it under the cowl cover for a hidden look thanks to some posts here. I popped off the wipers and cover and just stuck it on the cowl. Now I don't have that stupid antenna to look at. My signal is perfect, no different than when it was installed on the roof.

My question: I want to hardwire it to my stock Monsoon head unit and have seen conflicting posts about this. I read that I can use the PIE DPX Plus GM9-AUX adapter, but I read that others had problems. My unit does not have an AUX button, just the CD/PLAY button. Does this button control the AUX function so I can use the GM9? I have the wiring from the factory for the CD changer, but do not have the changer. I read that I need to get the GM10 that plugs into the unused CD changer port in the rear, but I want to plug it in directly to the radio. What is the correct one to use? BTW: I am using the GM12-AUX on my Avalanche and it works like a charm.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Sirius Stiletto installed.. and a question-radio1.jpg   Sirius Stiletto installed.. and a question-antenna2.jpg  
Old 12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 280 Likes on 243 Posts

Use the GM9-AUX at the radio. Only Camaros had the CD/Aux button - the same function is labeled CD/Play on Firebird head units. The adapter will work fine in your 02.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what I wanted to hear. Thanks.