Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

keyless ignition

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008 | 04:36 PM
On The Tree

Default keyless ignition

hey all, i remember reading the start button thread a while ago and if i remember correctly someone mentioned how certain high end cars have a "keyless" ignition where you have a key fob that is recognized by the car and all you need to do is press the start button. anyhow, i recently saw an article which featured an aftermarket keyless ignition system.

heres a link to an article about it http://www.hotrodhotline.com/pr/07flamingriverkeyless/

i did a little research and found that from a certain major race parts company (i doubt there a sponsor here) the kit goes for around $630. im sure you could find the kit from another company possibly cheaper. anyhow in the next 3 months i plan to buy this kit and i'll post a review sometime after that (i have to put my t/a back together before i post about it)
anyhow if anyone has actually gotten there hands on one of these or seen it in action i would love to hear from you.

John