Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with sail panel speaker..

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Help with sail panel speaker..

Alright so last year my sails blew and I took them out, threw them out and just drove around all summer without bass... So I got some sail panels from a monsoon TA same ones everything is right, but when I plug them in I don't hear anything?? They're not blown out cause id hear the shshshdsjdasjdahjadj noise coming from them but its as if the car just doesn't detect speakers there or something. Am I forgetting something or something to make these work cause idk what the problem is lol
Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

no one??
Old 02-10-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!! I'm not familiar with the "shshshdsjdasjdahjadj" noise determining whether or not a speaker is still good . If the woofers you are using are used I would dare to say that they might possibly be the culprit. Other than that it could be the Monsoon amp but it is usually pretty reliable where as the speakers are not. Did you hear them work in the vehicle they came from?
Old 02-10-2008, 10:13 AM
12 Second Club

Yes they did work and now it turns out once speaker is working fine, but the other isnt lol
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hook a 9v battery to the speaker, you should hear pops from it if the speaker works. If you can see the cone, you should see it move in or out depending on the polarity. It will not continue to make sound with the battery hooked up, just the initial sound, but you can brush the contacts up against the battery to keep doing it.