Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

JL or memphis?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not even gonna get into this pissing match, but it seems that almost everyone is lumping every item from a manufacturer into one category. CDT, JL, Focal, Rainbow, Pioneer, et al make many different ranges of products. Some are just OK, some are very good, and some are great.

Just because you heard one pair of CDT's and didn't like them doesn't mean you'll hate the whole line.. and likewise, someone could spend hours on their doors and make a good pair of speakers sound great, and they'll sound like *** in your car.

Remember.. Pioneer makes a speaker that is highly regarded with some of the best out there (The mids from the 720prs set), and they also make some that are on par with Jensen.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With stereos you get what you pay for. I have 2 JL W7 10's and 2 JL 500/1 monoblock amps, and the sound is crystal clear. Sure you can get other amps that put out the same power, but they distort. I have NEVER heard my subs distort. My factory stuff distorts well before my subs do. Trust me, go with JL and you will not be sorry.