Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

help rear sail mids!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face help rear sail mids!!!!!!!!

hey guys i need your help. im trying to wire up some rear fill and i have a mb quart dse 61/2 componet set laying around so im going to use those. now my question is should i use the x overs that came with the set and the tweeters or just use the woofer by it self and run it off my 4 channel sort of like a mid bass set up. the woofers that came in the set are mb quart dwe 160 sp's. i have a mb quart premium series componet set with the new tweeters they got so i have plenty of highs in my front stage so i dident know if it was worth useing the tweeters and x overs or just useing the woofer by it self. i have a mtx thunder ta 5604 that puts out about a 100w at 4 ohms so its plenty power for the front and rear. so should i wire up the tweeters and x over or just the woofers? thanks guys. oh and these are going in the rear sails.here is a pic. i know there not as good as the ed7's or cdt's but they do get loud and im not realy looking for heavy bass just good mids.
Attached Thumbnails help rear sail mids!!!!!!!!-0212081832.jpg  
Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if anything, I'd use it as a rear fill. Use the crossover from the set, or if you amp will do a low pass at around 1k and a high pass of ~80hz, you could start there, with the level lower than the front. That's the only kind of rear fill I personally prefer...

Leave the tweeters out though...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^Plus one for what Eskimo said! It is a matter of preferance though. Try it without and see what you think. I think you would like it better without the tweeters. For the record MB Quart is a fine quality speaker with good SQ so you should be ok!!
Old 02-12-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree use crossover and just dont connect tweeter
Old 02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

i wired every thing up and it sound good i judt need to get my bigger amp in and i hasent come in yet so i only got 70wx4 for now till hopefully friday it will come in.

Quick Reply: help rear sail mids!!!!!!!!