Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Are these speakers ANY good

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 06:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are these speakers ANY good

Im thinking of replacing my entire monsoon system with a MBQuart speakers, A friend told me there awesome speakers, but I havent heard anything about them. Im gonna go with a Pioneer head unit (Din 1/2 unit) If U have any other speakers that would be good, I'd like to hear them.
Old 07-13-2003, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Default Re: Are these speakers ANY good

Yes.., they are.... I have had several pairs of MB Quart components and they _ucking rock. However, thiese speakers are worthy of a good amp.. Consider getting an amp..

File
Old 07-13-2003, 09:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Yes all the MB Quart speakers are good but personally I only really like the Premiums or Qs. I have the Qs in my car front and rear and are very happy with them. But pretty much and pair of MB Quart compenents is gonna require you to use a good external amp because they are alittle inefficient compared to other speakers out there. Also I would highly recommend buying and having them installed by a authorized dealer because they then come with a 3 year MFG warranty.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:12 PM
Teching In

Like many of the excellent speaker companies out there-- you must LISTEN TO THEM. Many people may agree that they are good, but may still like another brand over the MB's for the $$. Let your ears be your guide.

<font color="red"> I Agree with getting an amp. <!--color--></font>
A good amp can make a HUGE Difference!

Good luck,

-V-
Old 07-15-2003, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Agreed with what Vader said, let your ears be the judge. MB's are great speakers IMO, I used them for competition a few times, but the high end ones aren't cheap. An amp is a MUST if you want the best sound out of them.

BTW, if you decide to get rid of your Monsoon speakers let me know, I'm wanting to go back to stock in my Formula. Thanks.

Rob