Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker Help... Im going nuts!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Help... Im going nuts!

Ok first thanks everyone....

Here is my prob and I am sure others have had it as i have read alot on the threads but since I am a moron with audio stuff perhaps yall can xplain a lil bot to me.

My 2002 camaro z28 came with the craptastic monsoon setup and they have now started to give out on me. So, from what i have read there is an infinity speaker that will replace the front 6.5's as a direct replacement. When I called crutchfield they informed me that I could use any speaker to replace the factory ones but I will only get bass from them. They said the same goes for the sail speakers as well. Well although I do like bass but I just cant have only bass. I do not have the cash flow to replace every piece of stereo equip in the car like all my local shops claim I would have to do. So for those of you that still use the monsoon H/U and amp what did you do to get around this situation? Will the kappa 62.7i's replace the crap stock ones and still give me the mid and high's or will I have to take pain killer every time I listen to music from the thump of all bass. Any help would be great thanks all.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have replacements for you. Crutchfield does not know how the Monsoon works and will sell you anything that fits in the 6.5" hole. PM me for details and I can get you all set!!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

I just bought the front and rear speakers from Kee. I have only put in the sail speakers so far, but I can tell you they made a hell of a difference.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Pm sent thanks Kee
Old 02-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have put Kappas in my camaro to replace the front stock speaker units and they are great replacement. Just make sure you get them put on RIGHT. Kee Audio have nice speakers and I am looking forward to replace my stock subs with their products.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokinU
Will the kappa 62.7i's replace the crap stock ones and still give me the mid and high's
Yes, they will.