Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subs on a budget

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default subs on a budget

i have a Z28 - t tops! currently i have the mtx 7801 mono block amp! i know i want at least one 12.....i dont want a lot of weight but i want a lot of bass! i want clean bass though! i was considering doin an mtx 9500 12 or even a w7.....any thoughts, or opinions on what the best setup would be?

by the way i dont have the t-top holders so the box wont be too much of an issue
Old 03-07-2008, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blown03mustang
i have a Z28 - t tops! currently i have the mtx 7801 mono block amp! i know i want at least one 12.....i dont want a lot of weight but i want a lot of bass! i want clean bass though! i was considering doin an mtx 9500 12 or even a w7.....any thoughts, or opinions on what the best setup would be?

by the way i dont have the t-top holders so the box wont be too much of an issue
t-tops - but no holder - so those are irrelevant, right? or why did you mention them then?

At least one 12 - you say t least, implying that you may want two....but you don't want a lot of weight....you'll have to decided there

You could give all 1200 RMS to a single 12 or multiple.... again, depends on weight/space. 1200 RMS split amongst two subs will always sound louder than 1200 RMS to one of the same subs (assuming the same and proper boxes for everything). From what I see about the W7, it can be pushed up to as far as 1000W (dangerously) but no more.. 6-700 seems ideal. mtx 9500 can probably handle more...but I have no idea about SQ...

You'll have to make some firm decisions on space and weight before anyone can really help. How much of the trunk do you want to use? all? half?
Old 03-07-2008, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by fredmr39
t-tops - but no holder - so those are irrelevant, right? or why did you mention them then?

At least one 12 - you say t least, implying that you may want two....but you don't want a lot of weight....you'll have to decided there

You could give all 1200 RMS to a single 12 or multiple.... again, depends on weight/space. 1200 RMS split amongst two subs will always sound louder than 1200 RMS to one of the same subs (assuming the same and proper boxes for everything). From what I see about the W7, it can be pushed up to as far as 1000W (dangerously) but no more.. 6-700 seems ideal. mtx 9500 can probably handle more...but I have no idea about SQ...

You'll have to make some firm decisions on space and weight before anyone can really help. How much of the trunk do you want to use? all? half?
sorry i shouldve been more clear! i dont mind filling up the trunk! ill just figure out what to do with the t-tops later!

about the 12 comment! my point was i dont want 10s or 15s....im set on 12s....that being said, i want loud, accurate bass that shakes the car next to you! i want a sub that hits something like the 9500 or the w7 w/o weighing a ton! if i can get away with 1 and still get the chest pounding bass then ill go that route, if not then let me know!

does that help?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is useful info but hardly a "budget" combination.
A pair of Re Audio SE12's would be good in a sealed hatch style enclosure. Or how about 1 SE12 in a slot ported enclosure that would fit down in the well? That would make some noise coupled with that amp!!
Old 03-07-2008, 09:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
That is useful info but hardly a "budget" combination.
A pair of Re Audio SE12's would be good in a sealed hatch style enclosure. Or how about 1 SE12 in a slot ported enclosure that would fit down in the well? That would make some noise coupled with that amp!!
can you give me some more info on that combo? or possibly a site to look at for prices and stuff like that? thanx man

how would 1 se12 in a ported box compare to 1 w7 in a ported box?
Old 03-07-2008, 09:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
That is useful info but hardly a "budget" combination. A pair of Re Audio SE12's would be good in a sealed hatch style enclosure. Or how about 1 SE12 in a slot ported enclosure that would fit down in the well? That would make some noise coupled with that amp!!

all i need is the sub and wiring! i have a buddy that runs a car audio store, he can hook me up on the box to match the sub, and wiring really isnt an issue either! i just dont wanna spend 1k on a sub when i can spend 4-500 and get equal value and performance!
Old 03-07-2008, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A pair of elemental designs 13ovs would pound off 1200watts