Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Do I need a harness?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Question Do I need a harness?

I have this DEH-P7600MP Pioneer head unit I want to install in my car. I just pulled it out of the box, and it seems to have a wire harness already included with it.... yet when I read the F.A.Q. sticky in this forum it says we need a 70-1858 Pro Wire harness for 1993-02

I've never installed a head unit before so i'm a little confused... the one that came with it has labels for the Battery, Ground, Mute, ACC, etc... and it plugs right into the back of the new head unit...
Old 04-16-2008 | 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

that plugs into the HU -- then where are the other ends going to go? You will want to purchase one to wire the loose ends of the HU's harness to, so that it can simply plug into the GM harness.
Old 04-16-2008 | 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

The adapter is for the GM harness. It makes a it alot easier to wire the new head unit in. I just did mine yesterday, trust me you want that adapterIt makes go a alot faster since it has all the wires color coded for you already instead of trying to decipher the GM colors.
Old 04-16-2008 | 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXSilencerXx
The adapter is for the GM harness. It makes a it alot easier to wire the new head unit in. I just did mine yesterday, trust me you want that adapterIt makes go a alot faster since it has all the wires color coded for you already instead of trying to decipher the GM colors.
Not to mention it's just incredibly stupid not to use one.