Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CD Changer harness pinouts

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer harness pinouts

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the 12 CD Changer wiring harness, on a 2000 Trans Am. I am trying to figure out if there's any way I could connect a Delphi XM radio tuner output to the CD-Changer input on the stock head unit. It seems like this would work, but I need to know which wires do what. I am trying to avoid using an FM modulator.

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: CD Changer harness pinouts

Unfortunately it's not an audio connector. It's a class 2 data bus. I've been looking to create an adapter but in the time that I've been working on it a company has actualy completed one. I've stopped research due to the fact that I have since changed to an aftermarket deck.

The cheapest I've been able to find the adapter for is $98.97. If you want I can find the name of the company and get a link for you.
Old 08-07-2003, 03:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, and no, if you have a changer, you can splice into the wires, to get the audio signal, but you need the changer to start communications.

if no changer then you need the adapter.

Ryan.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Very true... I did forget about that. Obviously, I don't have the changer.

On my stock head unit I ended up wiring an aux in to the input side of the preamp inside the radio. Whenever I wanted to listen to anything from my mp3 player I'd just throw in an audio CD of nothing but silence. That gives a clean signal to add over the top of.
It worked pretty good but I'll be the first to admit, it's not the optimal solution.