Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replacement knobs for Camaro Monsoon head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up 3 of them just last week from a local dealer. Oh yeah did i mention i had to spend $28
Old 07-31-2022, 12:37 PM

Default monsoon *****

Originally Posted by Shake
So I guess I should change my question.

Does anyone have a dead Monsoon on the shelf, and would you like me to take those plastic ***** off your hands?
If you still lack the *****, I ordered some from Amazon that should be here tomorrow.
Amazon Amazon
I'll follow up but think these will be perfect

Old 08-01-2022, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same cracked ***** plus display lights that went out. I just replaced the whole Monsoon HU a couple years ago with a new factory one. About $300. I prefer the stock aesthetic of the Monsoon, plus with my aftermarket speakers I'm more than happy with the sound and it's loud enough even with my Corsa exhaust.
Old 08-01-2022, 02:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Ancient thread, but it's interesting to see that there is a Dorman replacement now. Good info, and it will be interesting to hear about quality and fitment.

A couple of the ***** on my '02 cracked when it was about 6-7 years old, but they cracked into two clean pieces so I just glued them back together, that lasted for the next 7-8 years that I owned the car - probably still fine if that radio is still in service.

It's gotta be heat or usage that makes these crack though, as the ones on my '98 are still fine at 24 years old but the car is in a garage 99% of the time and I probably haven't touched those ***** in at least 15 years.

Quick Reply: Replacement knobs for Camaro Monsoon head unit?