Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mounting kit question...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mounting kit question...

I have been searching and have no luck on an answer.

I have a 2002 TransAm with the Monsoon system. I am trying to replace the headunit with a JVC KD-AR8500 single DIN. The mounting kit I have is by Scosche and it seems to only be the bezel portion of the adapter. How the hell to you mount the chassis of a single DIN deck on a Trans Am and then how to you support it? If I look at the 99-3009 kit, all the weight of the deck can be supported by that kit, can it?

Does anyone have any pictures? When I look in the hole where the Monsoon HU used to be I see a tab with a hole in it where a pin off the back of the HU went into. This is off center and not deep enough to allow the JVC HU to mount flush.

Can someone recommend a mounting kit that looks decent and actually attaches to the new HU instead of being only a facia? Preferably one that I dont have to send away for and wait weeks. I have not called my local Car Toys or Circuit City yet. I thought I would start here.

I looked at Metra and their "kits" seem only to fill the 1 1/2 DIN hole, and not to attach to the headunit?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Goldfinger911; 07-16-2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Forget it.

Crispy answered my question. Thanks man! I appreciate it.

Last edited by Goldfinger911; 07-17-2008 at 02:54 PM.