Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

subs and amp in golf cart?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default subs and amp in golf cart?

not sure if this should be psoted here or soemwhere else, so move it if need be. tomorrow ive been asked to install a small amp a sub in an electric golf cart. what all is involed in this that is different from installing one in a car? ive never done it before, but sure it can be done fairly easily. i just dont want to mess anything up since its not mine. anyone have any install guides or anything? i googled but that wasnt very helpful.

we have an amp install kit that came out of a car (8 ga power wire, ground, remote wire, fuse and fuse holder. the CD player is already installed too.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

anyone have an idea?
Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just do it like a car , we did one in a ranger and it worked out. ive seen lots off golf carts with them at the drag strip.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Addict

golf cart batteries are 6 volt batteries (6 of them to make 36 volts).....im guessing getting power would be slightly different. then agian all the batteries are tied in togehter so maybe i COULD just attach it to the posts like you would a car and ground the amp to the chassis. im kinda wanting some proof that its safe this way (and wanting to know the correct way to go about it) tho bc its not my cart ill be working on!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2 golf carts, but the are gas/electric,so i have car batteries in both of them. I have never seen the setup of an all electric one.

Quick Reply: subs and amp in golf cart?