Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

problems installing aftermarket cd player

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems installing aftermarket cd player

I just took the monsoon stereo out of my 2000 camaro and replaced it with my kenwood. It works fine until i start driving and it shuts off. As soon as i come to a stop it will turn back on. Cant figure out what is wrong with it, was thinking it might have something to do with the speed compensated volume that was on the monsoon stereo i took out. I changed the one in my trans am i had and never had this problem and its the same radio. Anybody else ever have this problem or might know whats causing it?
Thank you.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 274 Likes on 238 Posts

I hope (and assume) that you used a harness adapter and didn't just cut and splice the factory wiring. The VSS wire used for the factory speed-compensated volume shouldn't be connected to the new head unit unless it has the same feature or built-in GPS - neither of which apply to any Kenwood I'm familiar with (their GPS units don't use the VSS wire like Pioneer GPS units do).

Double check your connections. Make sure that they are not only connected to the correct wires but also that the connections are tight and aren't getting pinched or anything.