Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Which Door Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Door Speakers

I need help choosing door speakers. I am looking at 3 different components and wondering if anyone has any experience with these.
1. CDT CL-62
2. Diamond Audio S600A
3. DLS Ultimate UP6i
If anyone has any other suggestion please let me know.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive used the DLS and I have the Diamond Hex in my truck. The Diamonds have a smoother tweet, refering to the silk tweet. Midbass is a little more defined with the Daiamonds. Keep in mind two completely diff cars with diff amps. Thats my input. Checkout the Image Dynamics XS65. Very nice components. Im putting them in my 350z
Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your talking about a T/A like in your name then the CDT CL-62 will not be a good fit in your stock plastic mount. The basket is a tad large. They work fine in a Camaro mount though or a mdf mount. A better option for the Firebird that I have used several time is the CDT CL-E61. Unlike the CL-62, they have a cast frame instead of stamped and use a phase plug design for better sound quality. They are also less expensive then the CL-62 and sound just as good. Here's a video of them in an mdf mount but they do fit in the stock plastic mount perfectly:
http://www.icixsound.com/iv/view_vid...2d13f5f431e4bb
I can get you great pricing on any CDT products. I also have CDT ES-600's on a special right now and can put together a component system with those for you for around the same price. You'd get CDT Eurosports for the price of Classic series. Now that's something to consider!

Last edited by KEE AUDIO; 09-11-2008 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rainbow X-Line