Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

alarm sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!!!

hey all, i got an 01 z28 and my problem is, everytime i lock the doors with the remote (and activate the alarm), the alarm starts going off automatically. it just started doing this yesterday out of the blue. ive owned the car for a month, so im no expert when it comes to LS1's yet, but the alarm was working perfectly before yesterday. can the sensitivity be adjusted (this probably isnt the problem since it was working fine before)? is there a fuse i can check? thanks for the help!

ps. the car didint bring an owner's manual, which is why im asking all these questions, thanks!!!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: HELP!!!

Look in your owners manual. There are instructions for adjusting the alarm sensitivity. The "black box" is located near your spare tire. Take off that panel and you'll see it just behind the back seat (passenger side).
Old 09-07-2003, 11:13 AM
TECH Junkie

ok, i found the sensitivity module and adjusted it both ways (max and min), but it didint fix it. about 2 seconds after you lock the doors, the alarm starts going off nomatter what!
Old 09-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

I had the same problem but my car would also not unlock. i took apart the remote and cleaned it and the problem went away.
Old 09-07-2003, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah my car does that from time to time too. I do what judds said. Take the key fob apart and clean the contacts.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Here's another thing you can try to see if it is the Key Fob acting up:

1. Unlock teh car, then take your key fob and put it far far away from the car.
2. Get inside the car and lock the doors using the switch on the door panel. This is a silent arming method so it doesn't honk.
3. Close teh door and the alarm will arm itself.

If the alarm goes off, then you can rule out the key fob and start digging away at the actual module on the car, and maybe if you can, going toa nice aftermarket system with remote start and other cool gizmos?