Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stealth amp rack owners please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:12 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stealth amp rack owners please chime in!

Anyone who has a stealth amp rack (mounted in trunk against the back), please help me out here:

What kind of amp rack is it? (Subthump, Kee Audio, not from a sponsor, or custom made?)
How long have you had it and how is it holding up?
What do you have mounted on it? The more descriptive the better.... crossovers? capacitor? 4-channel and a mono amp (big? small?) etc.

Thanks a lot
Old 09-26-2008, 09:11 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have actually changed my design for my amp rack and I think it is a much better design now! I just shipped out 2 with the newer design and they should be getting to the customers next week.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KEE AUDIO
I have actually changed my design for my amp rack and I think it is a much better design now! I just shipped out 2 with the newer design and they should be getting to the customers next week.
Cool, is the new one (still) MDF? I still prefer MDF over wood because of the weight, but I did remember reading a post or two where someone said their amp rack was sagging or couldn't hold, and it was a subthump one I think.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

It's all in the installation. When properly secured it will be perfectly solid across the back.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I didn't have any sagging problems, I had some fitment problems originally so I changed the design a bit. Now they follow the exact contours of the rear hatch area.
They are still MDF.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by megabass
It's all in the installation. When properly secured it will be perfectly solid across the back.
Good point, and thanks Ian.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 PM
Launching!

I just recieved one of Ian/kee audio's new amp racks, it fits very well in the back, matches all the contours well. definitely looks like a nice custom piece. the cloth he uses fits right in with the hatch area fabric- its a nice unit.

Nine-Eight