10 Second Club Now you are haulin! 10s are sweet

10's for my bolt-on ls6!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Here is one thing erryone is lacking except me spaz.....being there. The 10.1 car was about 5cars in front of me.

I've been dealing with people trying to tell me what my car can't do for years. Erryone said the clocks were of when it went 130.....then it went 131. That kinda shut them up......then it couldn't et. Not that i thought 11.0@131 was bad but some cried but but it traps like a supra. ...lol . Some of you will always have something to cry about. Now that my et and trap somewhat match it's no way your car can do that. ......always something
Are you even remotely trying to defend that your car pulled a 1.2 60'? If you are then you lose all credibility from any form of drag racing discussion.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Launching!

The fact that the 60 ft was off discredits the whole slip. This is not a debate on what your car is capable of, but what it did and did not do. It's pathetic you hang on to it.. even though you couldnt come within .2 of it again. The car obviously was not capable of 10.7 that day... go put the work in to get it there instead of lying to everyone.
Old 11-25-2014, 03:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Hiho still believes that BS 10.7. Wow..

so since you are the fastest ls1 with internal mods. I guess that makes you slow compared to the gt with boss engine with bolt ons that does run bottom 10s and traps same as you. Or jpc 9s sec car that is bolt ons. Even if owner don't run it on street.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Doug! Idk about the 10.70 cuz of the funky 60ft but even so I'm sure the car has that in it given the trap and 10.9x pass....

On a side note is there any thread on ls1tech that involves a race and not a bunch of people puking stuff out about a coyote? They're awesome engines, I think everyone knows that but seriously I've learned about a 5.0 ford on here than about an ls motor. It's like some people literally can't view a racing thread and not type the words "5.0 or coyote" somewhere in the ******* reply
Old 11-25-2014, 10:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think he's just playing dumb for the drama.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redbird555
Congrats Doug! Idk about the 10.70 cuz of the funky 60ft but even so I'm sure the car has that in it given the trap and 10.9x pass....

On a side note is there any thread on ls1tech that involves a race and not a bunch of people puking stuff out about a coyote? They're awesome engines, I think everyone knows that but seriously I've learned about a 5.0 ford on here than about an ls motor. It's like some people literally can't view a racing thread and not type the words "5.0 or coyote" somewhere in the ******* reply

You sir are my new best friend.
Old 11-26-2014, 02:32 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by studderin
I've thought that too.

And the funny part is that it was a GM guy that first mentioned it. Post 3;
Originally Posted by SCott5
Thought only bolt on 5.0s went 10s?

Congrats on the Times!
And then there was this obvious reference;
Now this leads me to question if you think the rockers are a big deal. What do you think about cam timing? Alot of cars these days have the ability to change that with a tune.......to a much more drastic improvement than what I seen with rockers. And the last time I checked the cams "touch oil"....so by your theory they should not be adjusted.
Fairly-obvious what car he's talking about. Just saying.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by blu1
Are you even remotely trying to defend that your car pulled a 1.2 60'? If you are then you lose all credibility from any form of drag racing discussion.
Until you or anyone can explain to me how I ended up in front of the car beside me that went a 1.45 60' when I got treed to then as far as I'm concerned that run is good.
Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Hiho still believes that BS 10.7. Wow..

so since you are the fastest ls1 with internal mods. I guess that makes you slow compared to the gt with boss engine with bolt ons that does run bottom 10s and traps same as you. Or jpc 9s sec car that is bolt ons. Even if owner don't run it on street.
LOL...still riding on the coat tail of others I see .

I agree it looked funky to me red. I wish that run was on vid too. You would see then why I stand behind it. That 60 is also why I talked to the guy I was running. He looked at me and said he had to catch me.....his 60 was a 1.45. Notch didn't believe me either until he talked to the guy.

If you listen closely to the 10.9 pass the car stutters a bit about a car length out. In my experiences any type of stutter/bobble is worth a .1 atleast.
Originally Posted by studderin
I've explained it studderin. The problem I run into is if I explained it any other way I would be lying. So take from it what you may.......but like I said I've been through this before when the car ran 130. Some still have a rough time believing that. Hell I even heard the car couldn't go 120+ when it did that.
Originally Posted by Sickness7
You sir are my new best friend.
Red's a good guy.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I've thought that too.

And the funny part is that it was a GM guy that first mentioned it. Post 3;

And then there was this obvious reference;

Fairly-obvious what car he's talking about. Just saying.
Did you ever think that guy in post 3 is sick of hearing about the coyote **** too? ....of course you didn't cause you are that one way. That motor didn't reinvent the combustion process......That motor merely caught furd up from building 20 years a ******* junk n/a motors that were behind the times.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:31 AM
Banned

Hio can you get that turbo 5.0 guy to come on here and vouch for that 10.7 run? Maybe if they hear it from him then they would believe it. Until then they are gonna call BS.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:49 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by "MAC"
Hio can you get that turbo 5.0 guy to come on here and vouch for that 10.7 run? Maybe if they hear it from him then they would believe it. Until then they are gonna call BS.
No... we wouldnt. I've explained to Hio how it was possible in a very logical, realistic way. He choses to go on with his fairy tail. For comparison Vetteboy ran a 1.43 on his 10.0 run in a race prepped car with a bolt on ls6. I stated 1.3 earlier in the thread.. after looking at Vetteboy's thread again it was actually a 1.4.

There was a delay in the timer at the line. Based on his 10.95 pass it was a delay of .3. That puts his r/t at .2 quicker than the car he was racing. That puts him out front off the line..

.3 delay on the timer makes that run 1.56 60 ft., 11.06 1/4.
Seat of the pants feel is not a accurate gauging of how a car left. That is all Hios arguement is based on. My scenario is based in logic, and real world numbers to back it up.

Last edited by PA94Z; 11-26-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Until you or anyone can explain to me how I ended up in front of the car beside me that went a 1.45 60' when I got treed to then as far as I'm concerned that run is good.
Did it not dawn on you that the clocks could have been messed up for the other lane as well. Maybe you need to do a little more research on the power it takes as well as the setup it takes to pull a 1.2 60'. Not a snowballs chance is hell a "bolt on" manual F-Body is doing that.

His slip makes no sense either unless he jammed the brakes. Also school yourself a little bit and look at all the LSx fast lists and compare your 60' times to those with stalled automatics with 2-3 times your power. Even those guys can't get 1.2 60's. 3 tenths gain in the 60' would be 6+ tenths gain in the 1/4 which means comparing your previous runs you should have ran an easy 10.40 with a 1.2 60' if it was even remotely possible which it is not.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

There is NO ONE on the internet with drag racing experience that would validate a 3300lb bolt on manual F-body pulling 1.2 60's. It's not happening!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PA94Z

No... we wouldnt. I've explained to Hio how it was possible in a very logical, realistic way. He choses to go on with his fairy tail. For comparison Vetteboy ran a 1.43 on his 10.0 run in a race prepped car with a bolt on ls6. I stated 1.3 earlier in the thread.. after looking at Vetteboy's thread again it was actually a 1.4.

There was a delay in the timer at the line. Based on his 10.95 pass it was a delay of .3. That puts his r/t at .2 quicker than the car he was racing. That puts him out front off the line..

.3 delay on the timer makes that run 1.56 60 ft., 11.06 1/4.
Seat of the pants feel is not a accurate gauging of how a car left. That is all Hios arguement is based on. My scenario is based in logic, and real world numbers to back it up.
Ok using real world and logic if the guy next to him was doing 1.4 60' and hio was in front of him off the line how can you still argue his 60'?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok using real world and logic if the guy next to him was doing 1.4 60' and hio was in front of him off the line how can you still argue his 60'?
Use real world logic and find 1 other manual bolt on f-body that has pulled a 1.2x 60'. That is real world logic and not a he said she said story. This can't be real life, I cannot believe someone actually believes the 1.2 60' is legit.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:15 AM
Launching!

Did you read my post, and did you understand what I talked about? Reaction time is based off the beams at the starting line. If the beams at the starting line were slow to start the run by .3 it would show a slower reaction time on the slip, and a faster 60 ft. He tree'd the guy in the other lane.. that's how he was out front.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Mac this 8 sec cts-v isn't even pulling 1.2 60's. Come on!!

Old 11-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by blu1
Use real world logic and find 1 other manual bolt on f-body that has pulled a 1.2x 60'. That is real world logic and not a he said she said story. This can't be real life, I cannot believe someone actually believes the 1.2 60' is legit.
Also there is this. We have real world data from other cars to further prove.. the 60 ft isn't possible.
Old 11-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by PA94Z

He tree'd the guy in the other lane.. that's how he was out front.
This is the only thing you said that holds water. Thing is hio treed him we agree on that, so again how is his 60' time not believable when he was out in front of him until the 330' mark? Keep in mind the 5.bro was averaging a 1.4 60'... its hard to believe hios 60' time but with the other variables that have been given it seems possible, idk why you cant understand that
Old 11-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoFla01SSLookinstok
Mac this 8 sec cts-v isn't even pulling 1.2 60's. Come on!!

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87GWv2qTkU
Thats all fine and dandy yet we would also believe the 5.bro should always be in front of hio especially to the 60' mark yet hio was in front...
Old 11-26-2014, 11:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

none of these 5.0 guys would race Hio. they would get freight trained. they like to talk a lot though.

Quick Reply: 10's for my bolt-on ls6!!