11 Second Club Snake eyes are a good thing

another "can I do it" thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:47 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default another "can I do it" thread

here goes. 403rwhp, 387 tq, 3780 race weight... car ran 12.39 @113.37. 1.85 60 foot, best 60 to date was a 1.79, not on this pass.. but I think that after watching the video, I definately need a better john force impression at the start.. I'm not heating the tires anywhere near enough.. they were barely smoking on the 12.39 pass. Nubie error, I know. This was alos on a relativly cool evening in late april, about 60 dgrees out, no wind, humidity wasn't too bad, but grass was already wet from dew when I left... no idea what he da was, but probably pretty good for that time of year at LVD in new york I'd guess.

I found out that I have been shifting way too early, my shift light was set at 5800 for the stock internal motor.. after adding the cam, the ower peak was aorund 6300, but was at about 400 hp from 5850 up to 6400, real flat power curve, peak tq was at about 4900. Id post the graph, but I only have a paper copy at this moment, I'll post once I get it scanned into the computer.

I am gonna get under the car, pull every heat shied, panhard support bar, washer bottle, and every other thing I can find that translates into dead weight, hopefully get about 100 lbs out of the car when it's all said and done.With any luck, the raceweight will be about 3650 after I'm done... lost a couple pounds myself too, hopefully more come the fall.

Any change that this will be enough to see 11.99 in the fall air? This was on a set of 26 x 11.5 e.t. streets too, that were over 1/2 gone, might have one day left in them. This is a 2001 ws6, all the bolton's exc. a t stat( still debating the elec water pump, or not ) frame's all tied up solid, front swaybar is off, all the rear suspension is done, 1 inch solid spohn rear chromoly sway, preloaded on scales for proper weight jack, etc. etc.

Any input is appreciated
Old 07-22-2005, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have a hell of a chance to see 11's. 500 rpm too early has to be atleast a few tenths, them LS1's run strong in high rpm's, and you weren't letting it run where it wanted to. The hundred pounds should be close to a tenth, and if you get your 60' time down another half a tenth, you'll be doing that much better.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to get to the track and keep working on the 60ft you get the car to hook and with more seat time you will hit a 11.XX time

it takes practice man, now get your *** to the track
Old 07-23-2005, 07:59 PM
Race your car!

I will this fall, after the wedding is over Chef... if you only knew 1/2 the crap I got going on.

I was more curious as to what people thought about the early shifting thing... when I got to thinking about why the light was on going thru the traps in 4th, and only trapping at 113, something didn't seem right. I got the light fixed (dispite my broken vent from trying to pop it apart LOL) and the car is totally different.. I was shifting the car at about 5900, should have been at about 6300-6400. That and there's about another 20 lbs off the car already, gotta get that washer reserve out now as soon as I figure out how to take it out, get under the car and get the rest of the heat shields out, panhard support bar out, and a couple other things that should help. the weight situation too.

Actually thinking after I go thru the emmissions probably next week, I'll add getting a set of bullet mufflers, borla xr1's, something of the like and a set of turndowns to the list, and get the entire exhaust off, probably result in a bunch of weight loss, probably be quieter then what's on there now Maybe free up another hp or 2, not that it will make a huge difference.... but probably should redyno car anyway, make sure the a/f didn't change from that. There's something that needed to be looked at anyway, probably do the other stuff while it's there.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

get the blue bottle, u know you want it. theres your mid 11 right there
Old 07-24-2005, 01:53 AM
Race your car!

That's gonna happen too, just a matter of how U wanna deliver it, so many options out there... couple things that are on their way to the market that look real nice too.. probably gonna wait until spring time, simply because of all the new fancy goodies that will be available. That and a tranny that needs no clutch pedal, and a nice stall to go along with it. Look at the gains you got from the converter and a tune.... what I will get gogin from the stick to an auto, probably about the same I'm guessing. If so, that is 11 right there. Speaking of blue bottle.. that is what YOU need Erik.. that would be your 11 too
Old 07-24-2005, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

hell with that my goal for this year was a mid 12, but i could suffice for a mid 11
Old 07-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Race your car!

In that case, just jet for 75 shot, that will knock a 1/2 second off a stalled car no problem!

Call me tonite, I got a procedure to do to my own car.. you might wanna help, as we need to do it to your car after, so you can go back and run a 12 sec. pass without spending 2 cents.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:08 PM
11 Second Club

ya ill give ya a call in a few hours, i gotta clean my car and check the rear brakes. think i might get myself a nice 100 shot in a month or so... but for now i have a little trick up my sleave....
Old 07-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Race your car!

Yeah.. no holding out. I'm at the house in new britain... be here the rest of the day
(860) 832-9075
Old 07-25-2005, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

I know you can do it just as the car sits now but if you take all that stuff off you may run an 11.5 You got a cage?

I'll be at 11.80 this fall I hope you will meet me there. my race weight yesterday was 3510 and I'll be taking 100lbs out around Sep-Oct. I may even go to Cecil raceway just to make sure I get there.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:21 AM
Race your car!

Yeah, you are doing it on a stock internal motor with no headers... you run 11.8 like that you do rock man. My raceweight was a nice 3780... so I got good reason to pull some out, of course, 100 of that is driver in my case too.

Cecil.. if I were to trailer myself there, I'm sure I could pull off 11's in the fall no doubt, but for consistancey sake, I wanna do it in the right lace at LVD, simply because that's where 80% of the passes in my lifetime have been done. if it runs 11 there.. that's good, mainly because I can compare the before and after more accurately. I'm no professional racer, hell, I wouldn't even call myself a racer, more of a guy taht likes to test thing s before and after. A trip to a jersey track in cold weahter, that will happen after I see somethign in te 11's at LVD.. simply because I wanna say I did it at the place I go to the most. Going to a track like cecil, or atco in february, yes it's a legit un, but in my eyes, that's not what I wanna say I did, it's kinda like a huge dyno #, nice to say you have it, but it really doesn't mean too much under normal conditions.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:59 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Yeah, you are doing it on a stock internal motor with no headers... you run 11.8 like that you do rock man. My raceweight was a nice 3780... so I got good reason to pull some out, of course, 100 of that is driver in my case too.

Cecil.. if I were to trailer myself there, I'm sure I could pull off 11's in the fall no doubt, but for consistancey sake, I wanna do it in the right lace at LVD, simply because that's where 80% of the passes in my lifetime have been done. if it runs 11 there.. that's good, mainly because I can compare the before and after more accurately. I'm no professional racer, hell, I wouldn't even call myself a racer, more of a guy taht likes to test thing s before and after. A trip to a jersey track in cold weahter, that will happen after I see somethign in te 11's at LVD.. simply because I wanna say I did it at the place I go to the most. Going to a track like cecil, or atco in february, yes it's a legit un, but in my eyes, that's not what I wanna say I did, it's kinda like a huge dyno #, nice to say you have it, but it really doesn't mean too much under normal conditions.
all i hear is wahh waah waah i should have bought an auto sorry i didnt call ya last night i fell asleep around 3 in the afternoon and didnt wake up til like 11pm. what can i say, the last 2 weeks of running around in 100 degree plus weather 19 hrs a day got the best out of me. hey is 450 to much for a gear install?

Quick Reply: another "can I do it" thread